Some people say that Android is not so secure to use but that is a myth because Android is quite secure. To increase the security of Android and provide next level of privacy to the Android user, Google launched a feature called Factory Reset Protection. This feature makes sure that nobody other than you can access your device without your permission and your device remain safe even if you lose it.
In this article, we are going to tell you How this Factory Reset Protection (FRP) lock works and how you can bypass FRP lock by FRP Bypass Apk in case if you are stuck on it even if you are a real owner of the Android device.
What is Factory Reset Protection
In March 2015, Google introduced a built-in security feature for Android device which is running on Android 5.1 or higher version. This feature prevents other people from using your Android device if they perform a factory reset on your device from either recovery or by flashing a new firmware. When anyone will do so after factory reset your Android device will ask for Google account Login which probably anyone doesn’t know other than the real owner of the device. Thus this FRP lock makes sure that a trusted person is doing a factory reset to your device.
How does FRP Lock Work on Android
Now you must be thinking that how this lock works. When you set up a Google account on your Android device then this FRP lock is automatically activated. Once this lock is enabled, no one can perform the factory reset to your device without passing the FRP lock screen.
When to Bypass Factory Reset Protection Lock?
Now you must be thinking that if Google launched this security feature for the safety of Android user then why one needs to bypass this lock. Let me be clear that there are many cases in which you may need to bypass FRP lock on your own Android smartphone. Suppose, you need to sell your Android device and you don’t use “Backup and reset setting” to format your Android smartphone and you manually delete all the data in the smartphone and give the device to the buyer. Now when the buyer will try to format that Android device then he won’t be able to do it because your device will ask for the Google account login which was synced previously.
Oher case is if you reset your Android device by other methods like recovery mode then you must remove your Google Account from the device so that you won’t face FRP lock.
In case, you performed a factory reset by these other methods without removing Google account from the device and you forget your Google account login details then you will be stuck on FRP lock screen.
So, in these situations, you will not be able to get access to your own Android device. In such situations, FRP lock becomes a headache to the Android user. But you don’t need to worry if you are in this situation because we are mentioning a working method by which you can bypass FRP lock easily.
How To Bypass FRP Lock with FRP Bypass Apk
Bypassing FRP lock is very easy but you need to have a PC, an OTG cable and an Android device before using FRP Bypass Apk. Below is step by step guide to download and use FRP bypass app to bypass FRP lock.
- At first, you need to download FRP Bypass Apk in your PC by clicking on the link.
- Once this FRP Bypass app apk has been downloaded connect the USB drive to your PC and copy the apk file to it.
- Now, start the FRP lock stuck Android device.
- After starting the device, a setup wizard will start. Follow all the steps of the setup wizard and complete the process.
- At last, a factory reset window will open and you will be asked to enter Google account credentials which were linked previously with the device.
- Now you need to bypass this lock because you don’t remember the Google account details.
- Next, you need to connect your Android device to the USB drive using OTG cable.
- Once you have connected the OTG, file explorer will open. Look for the Apk file in the folder where you have moved the apk file.
- Open on the apk file and click on install. Before installing the apk file, you need to enable Unknown sources option in your device.
- Once the apk has been installed, you will be redirected to the settings of your smartphone where you can go to backup and reset and click on factory data reset in order to reset the device.
- Congrats, you have bypassed the FRP lock on your device.
This is our step by step guide to bypass FRP lock on an Android device in very easy steps. If you follow all the steps carefully then you will be able to bypass the Factory reset protection lock. At last, you can add a new google account or you can just skip it.